Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Two mistresses is two too many!

Knitting is a terrible mistress. She does not progress with less time spent in her presence. The theatre is a very jealous mistress, when she sees me spending more time with someone else than I am with her, she gives me more work.

These two are fighting a lot now and I'm stuck in a mean love triangle!

Add that to being super busy in every way possible and a few emergencies that fall in between major and minor and you've got my life right about now. I haven't the time to go on and on about it all, but let me tell you I miss blogging! I miss the feeling of yarn running through my fingers. Oh, for the softness, the sheen, the drape! (Can you tell I've been in Shakespeare land a bit too long?)

I have one of my cotton turning socks finished. Not sure if it'll work out, since I keep forgetting to take it to class with me. Other than that, I've got nothing. Learning lines, audition material and class work has become my portable project of late. My knitting bag hasn't left my house in far too long. I'm just waiting to see if knitting is agressive enough to kick theatre's butt in a nice b!tch fight. Let the hair pulling begin.

5 Comments:

At 3/30/2006 6:57 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I hope your mistresses can learn to live together in perfect harmony!! :) And I'm sending healing thoughts to your poor little foot.

 
At 3/30/2006 5:19 PM, Blogger K. said...

I understand the conflict...and yes, I think a govt paid trip to Russia and put on one hell of a show!

 
At 3/31/2006 12:18 PM, Blogger The_Add_Knitter said...

Good luck finding a way to please both mistresses...I enjoy your blog, you're a hilarious writer!

 
At 3/31/2006 10:38 PM, Anonymous may said...

being in art school, i'm the same way with art *sigh* It's come to the point where I MAKE time for knitting....art suffers when I haven't knit in awhile ;)

 
At 4/07/2006 7:14 AM, Blogger SDMC said...

so glad I can finally say "hi!" in person. Your last package should be there soon. -- your not so secret pal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home