Thursday, March 09, 2006

No SSS here!

Last night I cast on for my second socky. I am absolutely in love with the elastic cast on described in my sock book. It's a version of long tail and I must say it is probably the most fun technique I have learned so far, not to mention quite amazing! I have a few rows of the ribbing done so far and can't wait to get home to work on it more. I also finished the plain ol' granny cloth pictured on the needles in my last post. Other than that I don't really have anything interesting to say. I have a callback audition tomorrow for a children's touring production of a brand new play called Dr. Doolittle. I have little hope that I will get cast, but a callback is a good sign! They want people off book for the beginning of April, so I would assume final casting will be done over the weekend. Hopefully I'll have some good news come Monday. It's a paying gig so that would be nice. Plus, it's for children and there aren't very many opportunities to do children's theatre in my area (read none). Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Happy knittingness to you all!

5 Comments:

At 3/09/2006 11:14 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Ya hoo, you can do it!!!! Let us know how the call back goes!!!

 
At 3/09/2006 12:12 PM, Blogger candsmom said...

Congrats on the callback! Break a leg tomorrow! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Looking forward to seeing your new pair of socks! Take care, Talitha! :-)

 
At 3/10/2006 10:46 PM, Blogger Cerella said...

Congratulations Talitha on the callback! You are a very talented chica! :)

 
At 3/11/2006 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is your SP checking in. Just seeing if any new wishes had popped up.

 
At 3/13/2006 2:35 AM, Blogger ~kirsten~ said...

Whoo hoo! Callback! That's super cool...you make me want to be on stage. You and "brooklyn handspun."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home